Ashesi University admissions 2021/2022 are open for suitable applicants to submit their interest in joining the Ashesi community and enjoy the Ashesi Advantage, which is best understood by experiencing it.
Ashesi University Programmes
Ashesi University current has four faculties which offers the following programmes:
1. BSc. Business Administration
2. BSc. Computer Science
3. BSc. Management Information Systems
4. BSc. Computer Engineering
5. BSc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
6. BSc. Mechanical Engineering
Ashesi University Admissions requirement 2021/2022
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
American / Canadian High School Diploma
French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
Requirement for Engineering Students
1. West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE): Three core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science, and three elective subjects including Elective Mathematics and Physics, with a C6 or better in each of them.
2. A-Level: Three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for Ashesi University Admissions. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.
3. International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: For prospective engineering students, Mathematics SL with a 5 or better, or Mathematics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry mathematics requirement; similarly, Physics SL with a 5 or better, or Physics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry physics requirement. However, Mathematics HL and Physics HL are expected to be a competitive engineering applicant.
• Early Deadline: 25th March 2021
• Regular Deadline: 29th July 2021 (Deadline for International and Scholarship Applications)
• Late Deadline: 28th October 2021
The Late Ashesi University Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications during the Late Admissions period.
Ashesi University Fess 2021/2022
The table below shows the fees schedule for the 2019/2020 academic year. It is supposed to serve as a guide to prospective students on what to expect.
|2019/2020 Academic Year||Ghanaians||Non-Ghanaians|
|Tuition fees (per semester)||GHs23,441||$4007|
|Health Insurance fees (per year)
(not required with proof of other insurance)
|On-campus housing fees (per
How to pay your fees at Ashesi University
(1) Pay fees at the bank (Ghana & ECOWAS Region)
For payments within Ghana or the West Africa (ECOWAS) region, students can deposit fees directly to either our Ghana Cedi or US Dollar account with any ECOBANK branch.
(2) Fill deposit slip
- Original for the bank
- Duplicate to be submitted to Ashesi (photo copy is acceptable). The duplicate can be handed in at the Finance Office on submission of application forms.
- Triplicate should be kept by student as evidence of payment.
(3) Confirm information required on the deposit slip
- Full name and contact number(s).
- A valid bank stamp
(4) Submit deposit slip to Ashesi, and get an official Ashesi Receipt
Ashesi University Scholarships
To receive a scholarship from Ashesi, families are required to show proof of inability to afford the full tuition fee